Are you an experienced Accountant with demonstrated success working in a high-volume enthusiastic environment? If the answer is yes, it’s time you met Field Effect.
Our fast-growing team is on a mission to protect small and mid-size enterprises (SMEs) from the grip of cyber security threats targeting their operations and enabling proactive action to build a stronger security defense.
From your experience as an Accountant, you understand the value of accuracy, collaboration, and the importance of applying sound and appropriate accounting principles. You possess the unique combination of exceptional analytical skills and the ability to evaluate financial reports and forecasts.
As a member of our growing Finance team, you will:
- Verify, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce representative accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Coach & manage more junior team members
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and budgets
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop, document and ensure compliance with all internal controls around business processes and accounting policies
- Assisting Management with Corporate requirements including but not limited to Legal Corporate filings, Tax implications and planning, Government filings, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience as an Intermediate accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office along with the ability to quickly learn new applications
- A team player, personable, organized, energetic, and you possess strong communication and client service skills and understand that client confidentiality is paramount.
- Assisting with preparation of corporate financial statements, year end working paper files, income tax returns, and T4 and T5 income tax reporting slips and related summaries
- Minimum of 3 years’ dedicated accounting experience
- Degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification will be preferred
Field Effect is an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.