B2B Marketing Writer for Cyber Security
We’re looking for a B2B Marketing Writer with experience creating content for cyber security products and services to join Field Effect’s Marketing team. The B2B Marketing Writer will support technology product content needs for our demand generation and sales enablement efforts. The role will be located onsite at our Ottawa headquarters — we will also consider talented “remote” candidates outside Canada.
Our fast-growing team is on a mission to help small and mid-size enterprises understand the modern cyber security threats targeting their operations and take action to build a stronger security defense.
As a Field Effect Marketing Writer, you’ll play a key role in creating marketing content that defines, communicates, and helps us effectively market our cybersecurity products and services to customers and channel partners. This role will focus on both short-form and long-form content, including blogs, social posts, product marketing campaign assets, product fact sheets and brochures, PowerPoint presentations, white papers and ebooks, sales training materials, and more.
Join us and help us tell Field Effect’s story to the world, educate our market, build trust with customers and partners, and create compelling, engaging content that supports our growth.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the Demand Generation and Sales Enablement team, and Creative team, along with your peers to manage cross-functional B2B marketing content projects across campaigns and product launches, educational content, and more.
- Produce high-quality work that helps educate our market, meets our company objectives, and reinforces our brand and messaging.
- Understand project briefs and create compelling content that not only aligns to our product and company messaging but brings it to life.
- Create short- and long-form content, including product collateral and data sheets, white papers and ebooks, blogs, powerpoint presentations, sales training materials, and more.
- Bring your website content skills and contribute to the development of our new website and partner portal.
- Continuously learn and expand your craft by levering the expertise of those around you.
- You have a natural gift for translating technical product information into a wide range of clear and effective demand-gen focused marketing content.
- You bring solid expertise writing about B2B technology products and services for both direct customers and channel audiences. Cyber security experience is a plus.
- You have experience working with integrated marketing, product, and sales teams to understand product go-to-market needs and respond with amazing content.
- You are a quick study and strategic thinker — you see the big picture, love to contribute new ideas and take new directions, and can articulate the rationale behind your approach — and always with a strong sense of the company vision and goals in mind.
- You love writing! And you’re experienced and versatile enough to lend your skills to a variety of content needs — email, web content, social posts, even data sheets and brochures, or video and podcasts.
- You’re a professional. You understand deadlines and project management. You follow best practices and are skilled at providing — and receiving — constructive feedback.
- You have an online portfolio of work that showcases smart product marketing content that aligns to specific brand, messaging frameworks, and objectives.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment by learning from others, sticking to timelines, and shifting gears when things change.
Seniority of your role will be determined based on your experience level working in an agency or in-house as a Marketing Writer.
Please include a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and why you are interested in working at Field Effect.