Backend Python Developer
Field Effect is looking for a Backend Python Developer to join our portal development team. Our portal is the primary method our clients and partners interact with our world–leading Covalence Threat Monitoring service. Through the portal, partners can view reports on their clients and gain insight to which clients require attention. All clients can view outstanding AROs — Actions, Recommendations, and Observations, Field Effects’s contextualized alerting — for insight into their threat surface and to enable integrations with other cloud technologies. The Field Effect portal has a large vision and needs more talented people to help achieve that goal. Are you up for the challenge?
- Work with stakeholders, product owners, and teammates to develop new features and capabilities.
- Work in an Agile team, contributing ideas to design and estimation meetings.
- Write clean code to implement the desired features.
- Write automated tests to ensure quality and work with QA team members as needed.
- Perform code reviews for peers and provide mentoring to junior team members.
- Demonstrate new functionality to stakeholders as required.
Desired Skills and Traits
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- 3+ years of recent development experience using Python.
- Experience with web frameworks such as Flask and Django.
- Experience with SQL databases and ORMs such as SQLAlchemy.
- Experience building REST APIs.
- Experience with GCloud, Google App Engine an asset.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team.
- Interest or experience in the cyber security domain an asset.
Field Effect provides advanced, integrated cyber security threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights. Founded by the brightest talents in the cyber security industry, the Field Effect team not only brings decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments, but has helped shape Canada’s Cyber Security Strategy and other national-level cyber security policies. The result is a company committed to creating stronger networks, improving proactive response, and increasing efficiency through an end-to-end approach that empowers businesses to achieve a resilient defence against modern cyber security threats.
For more information about Field Effect, visit www.fieldeffect.com.
The candidate(s) selected for the next phase of the hiring process will be contacted directly.