We’re looking for a versatile and experienced Copywriter with expertise creating compelling content for cyber security products and services to join Field Effect’s Marketing team. The Copywriter will support technology product content needs for our demand generation and sales enablement efforts. The role will be located onsite at our Ottawa headquarters — we will also consider talented “remote” candidates outside Canada.
Our fast-growing team is on a mission to help small and mid-size enterprises understand the modern cyber security threats targeting their operations and take action to build a stronger security defence.
As a Field Effect Copywriter, you’ll play a key role in content creation for a range of Demand Gen and Sales Enablement projects, including all aspects of marketing campaigns, product, sales and event support — email marketing, paid advertising, landing page and web content, infographics, and more.
Join us and help us tell Field Effect’s story to the world, educate our market, build trust with customers and partners, and create compelling, engaging content that supports our growth.
What You’ll Do
As a Copywriter at Field Effect, you will:
- Collaborate with the Demand Generation and Sales Enablement team, and Creative team along with your peers to manage cross-functional copywriting projects across campaigns and product launches, sales and event support, and more.
- Produce high-quality work that helps educate our market, meets our company objectives, and reinforces our brand and messaging.
- Understand project briefs and create compelling content that not only aligns to our messaging but brings it to life.
- Create content, including ads, social posts, landing pages, emails, infographics, one-pagers, blogs, webinar abstracts, sales and event support, even video scripts, and more.
- Bring your website content skills and contribute to the development of our new website and partner portal.
- Continuously learn and expand your craft by leveraging the expertise of those around you.
- You’re a quick study and strategic thinker — you see the big picture, love to contribute new ideas and take new directions, and can articulate the rationale behind your approach — and always with a strong sense of the company vision and goals in mind.
- You love writing! Plus, you’re experienced and versatile enough to lend your skills to a variety of content needs — email, web content, social posts, even data sheets and brochures, or video and podcasts.
- You bring solid expertise writing about B2B cyber security products and services for small and mid-size businesses. Channel experience is a plus.
- You’re a professional. You understand deadlines and project management. You follow copywriting best practices and are skilled at providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- You have an online portfolio of work that showcases smart, clean copywriting that aligns to specific brand, messaging frameworks, and objectives.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment by learning from others, sticking to timelines, and shifting gears when things change.
Seniority of your role will be determined based on your experience level working in an agency or in-house as a Copywriter.
Please include a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and why you are interested in working at Field Effect.
- Time management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Arts or related field
- At least three years of experience writing for a B2B audience
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Experience using Content Management Systems (CMS)