Cyber Range and Noble Java Developer
Field Effect is looking for intermediate to senior Java developers to accelerate the development of its Cyber Range and Noble products. The developer will work on developing state of the art Cyber Security training and testing tools that are used around the globe. We are looking for driven individuals who take ownership in solving complex challenges both independently and with their teammates. Field Effect encourages new ideas, and as a company seeks to remove barriers to creativity and productivity. Both Cyber Range and Noble automate the provisioning of environments, orchestration of complex workflows and validation of results.
Ideally, candidates will have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. However, candidates with adequate experience will be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
- Write clean maintainable code to implement the features, including automated tests.
- Review feature requirements for technical completeness.
- Determine correct course of implementation and create tasks accordingly.
- Troubleshoot and debug existing code when needed.
- Host technical sessions with fellow developers, including architecture decision meetings and code reviews.
- Actively participate in all agile/sprint meetings.
- Mentor junior level developers where appropriate.
- 5+ Years of programming experience, preferably Java.
- Experience working in an agile team.
- An understanding of virtualization and container technologies (ex. VMware, HyperV, Docker).
- An understanding of networking and communication protocols.
- Databases (MySQL).
- Good API design.
- Test automation knowledge an asset.
- Python knowledge and experience an asset.
- Experience and interest in the IT Security domain.
- Eligible for Top Secret Security Clearance.
Field Effect provides advanced, integrated cyber security threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights. Founded by the brightest talents in the cyber security industry, the Field Effect team not only brings decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments but has helped shape Canada’s Cyber Security Strategy and other national-level cyber security policies. The result is a company committed to creating stronger networks, improving proactive response, and increasing efficiency through an end-to-end approach that empowers businesses to achieve a resilient defense against modern cyber security threats. For more information about Field Effect, visit www.fieldeffect.com.
The candidate(s) selected for the next phase of the hiring process will be contacted directly.
Field Effect is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.