Cyber Security Tradecraft Analyst
Cyber Security Tradecraft Analyst
Field Effect Security is looking for cyber security analysts for our Tradecraft team.
Why Field Effect?
Field Effect is a rapidly growing company with an increasingly distributed global workforce that provides world-class managed cyber security solutions for businesses of all sizes. The company was founded by the brightest talents in cyber security, with a mission to remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks by delivering monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and provide actionable insights.
Field Effect is looking for analysts that love data science and can program custom analytics and anomaly detection for Field Effect’s Covalence platform. In this role, an analyst codifies the threat hunting process and turns in-depth manual analysis and event correlations into something that can be deployed at scale across our fleet of sensors to deliver an ongoing managed cyber security service.
Organizations of all sizes are challenged to fully understand cyber security, not to mention having the expertise on-hand to manage cyber security effectively. Analysts on the team leverage Field Effect’s Covalence platform to find and assess anomalies and turn information from the various sensors into insights that the client can digest and act on.
The Tradecraft team works closely with our analysis and incident response teams to gain insights on real-world malicious activity and threat surfaces, automating detection to help protect our clients.
Are you the right fit?
There are several attributes of someone who would be successful in a cyber security tradecraft analyst role at Field Effect. These must include:
- Strong analytical thinking, and the ability to spot patterns, trends and reason through problems.
- Understanding of the modern Internet, protocols, cyber threats, and malware.
- Knowledge of modern IT practices.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively program in interpreted languages, especially Python.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, both asking for and providing help.
- Having a deep curiosity and the ability to follow and investigate leads
- Ability to think creatively about how to automate challenging problems
At Field Effect, we invest in our people and help them grow professionally. Having existing knowledge and a passion for the following skills would be an asset to the role:
- Broad general IT knowledge, including Windows enterprise networks, operating systems, virtualized and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Knowledge of cyber security practices, challenges, tools, and techniques.
- Network analysis and packet capture using tools like Wireshark and Tshark
- Application protocol analysis.
- Data and metadata analysis using tools like Python and ELK.
- Malware reverse engineering, kill chain analysis, and vulnerability research.
- Administration of security and networking software and hardware, including firewalls, proxies, SIEMs, Snort, and Suricata.
- Ability to take a wide, high-level perspective to prioritize, then drill down and get deep in the weeds.
- A mind for big data analysis and data science.
Candidates will typically have either a College or University degree in fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Network Administration, or a related field with a strong focus on cyber security. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
If this sounds like a good fit with you, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you.
The candidate(s) selected for the next phase of the hiring process will be contacted directly.