Infra System Administrator
Make your mark on the future of cyber security and join a dynamic team lead by some of the greatest experts in the field. Recently ranked among the Top Employers in Ottawa!
Field Effect is looking for a System Administrator to work with our IT Infrastructure team to help support our growing corporate and development IT environments. The successful candidate will be integral in supporting our expanding corporate desktop footprint and managing our tracking of corporate IT assets. In addition, the candidate will be participating in our rapidly growing effort to support the configuration and preparation of cyber security appliances for deployment to customers.
Field Effect is a rapidly growing company with an increasingly distributed global workforce. We provide consulting services related to common IT deployment best practices and answer client questions related to security on a regular basis.
- Individually and as part of a team, build, manage, and support corporate desktop infrastructure.
- Provide first level desktop support to internal clients.
- Streamline and automate desktop maintenance and support activities.
- Support sales commitments for the preparation and configuration of cyber security appliances.
- Collaborate with other teams to make efficient use of resources and to streamline new product evaluation and integration.
- Design and write automation scripts to build robust IT management with reproducible results.
Desired Skills and Traits
- 2+ years of System Administration experience.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows desktop environments.
- Experience supporting Linux (e.g. Ubuntu).
- Experience building and configuring desktop and server systems.
- Experience supporting and working with clients.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Interest or experience in the cyber security domain an asset.
- Experience working with VMware an asset.
- Experience working with Azure an asset.
- Experience supporting MacOS an asset.
- Experience with corporate IT patch management an asset.
- Experience with Configuration Management Database (CMDB) platforms to manage IT assets and software licenses an asset.
- Coding for Sys Admins (Python, shell scripting or similar) an asset.
The candidate(s) selected for the next phase of the hiring process will be contacted directly.