Intermediate/Senior Java Developer
Field Effect is looking for experienced Java developers to help us take our customer-facing portal to the next level. As a key member of the portal development team, you will be responsible for working with Product Owners, UX Designers and stakeholders and then design and implement new features and capabilities to our portal. Our user base is expected to grow tremendously in the next year and ensure our portal can scale to accommodate that growth is paramount.
All members of our development team must be motivated to delivering the best quality product while working with management to set realistic expectations of delivery. As a senior member, you will work with management to improve the portal both from a feature and capability perspective, but also help architect the solution for cloud deployment best-practices and ensure built to scale. A senior member should be aware of the current landscape of both the application development domain (Frameworks, emerging technologies, etc.) but also be able to understand the business domain (Cyber Security). Lastly, senior members must be outgoing and eager to mentor / assist more junior developers as needed.
- Architect overall portal design for cloud deployment, allowing for future scale
- Design, Implement, Test (via automation) new features of our products
- Assist/mentor Junior developers when needed
- Perform design and code reviews
- Understand product end to end, product life cycle, and participate in all product planning and ceremonies
- Give realistic estimates to management regarding deliverables
- Advocate for changes to development tools, processes, coding standards and technologies used when appropriate
- Work with stakeholders and Product Owners to determine capabilities vs. timeline
- Do formal and informal demonstrations to stakeholders when required
- 7+ years experience as a software engineer, participating in the complete product development life-cycle
- Experience with Web application development
- Experience with Cloud Services (GCP Preferred)
- Experience creating and consuming REST web services
- Strong architecture and design skills
- Driven and self-motivated personality
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practices and concepts
- Experience with GWT (Google Web Toolkit) a great asset!
Field Effect provides advanced, integrated cyber security threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights. Founded by the brightest talents in the cyber security industry, the Field Effect team not only brings decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments but has helped shape Canada’s Cyber Security Strategy and other national-level cyber security policies. The result is a company committed to creating stronger networks, improving proactive response, and increasing efficiency through an end-to-end approach that empowers businesses to achieve a resilient defence against modern cyber security threats. For more information about Field Effect, visit www.fieldeffect.com.
- Java: 7 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)