Microsoft Windows System Administrator
Make your mark on the future of cyber security and join a dynamic team lead by some of the greatest experts in the field. Recently ranked among the Top Employers in Ottawa!
We’re looking for an experienced Microsoft Windows System Administrator to work with our IT Operations and Core Infrastructure teams to design, build and manage our growing Windows Server, Desktop and Azure based IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Microsoft ecosystem, and demonstrated results in managing a significant Windows Server, Desktop and Azure deployment.
Field Effect is a rapidly growing company with an increasingly distributed global workforce. In addition, we provide regular consulting services related to common IT deployment best practices and answer client questions related to security on a regular basis.
- Individually and as part of a team, design, build and manage corporate IT infrastructure
- Provide in-depth expertise on Windows Server and Azure configuration and automation
- Identify team milestones and set achievable estimates, execute plan
- Collaborate with other teams to make efficient use of resources and to streamline new product evaluation and integration
- Design and write automation scripts to build robust IT management with reproducible results
Desired Skills and Traits
- 5+ years of System Administration experience
- In-depth experience on Microsoft infrastructure (Azure, Windows Server, AD, etc.)
- Enterprise networking including VMWare, Windows Server, Azure and hybrid cloud
- Enterprise networking with Cisco, Juniper, Dell, and equivalent
- Experience with Zero Trust Architectures an asset
- Experience with VMWare an asset
- Coding for Sys Admins (Python, shell scripting or similar)
- Familiarity with Intune or other MDM products considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Desire to join an expanding organization and help mentor and grow the team as required
- Interest or experience in the cyber security domain an asset
Field Effect provides advanced, integrated cyber security threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights. Founded by the brightest talents in the cyber security industry, the Field Effect team not only brings decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments but has helped shape Canada’s Cyber Security Strategy and other national-level cyber security policies. The result is a company committed to creating stronger networks, improving proactive response, and increasing efficiency through an end-to-end approach that empowers businesses to achieve a resilient defence against modern cyber security threats.