Field Effect is looking for a Python developer to work on the next version of our HALO tool. HALO was created to simulate users perform day to day activities on a computer such as browsing the web, sending email, interacting with network shares or running executables. These users are used to create realistic network traffic during cyber exercises as well as reporting the success and fail of actions for scoring and evaluation. HALO is a unique product in the world and Field Effect has big goals for its future. HALO will be integrated into an upcoming release of Cyber Range and we are looking for individuals with a desire to be a part of this product growth.
This role will report directly to the Cyber Range Product Owner and will work closely with the Cyber Range product team. This position will work with Sales Engineers and Client Engagement to develop training materials for external customers and perform internal demonstrations as required.
- Work with Product Owner to understand deliverables
- Design and implement new features and capabilities as defined by the Product Owner
- Create automated tests for Halo and new features for the Test Automation team to incorporate into nightly builds
- Work with Cyber Range development team to ensure HALO integrates with Cyber Range as a first-class module
- Host product demonstrations for internal sales and marketing teams
Desired Skills and Traits
- 3+ years / Intermediate level proficiency in Python.
- Solid grasp of operating system fundamentals for Linux, macOS and Windows.
- Demonstrate experience in producing clean, legible code that is testable and conformant to rigid software engineering principles.
- Experience and knowledge in managing continuous integration for building and testing
- Ability to produce clean and effective documentation, both internal and client-facing
- [Bonus] Experience using Selenium
- [Bonus] Experience or desire to learn basic machine learning to augment simulation capability
- [Bonus] A motivated, creative and experimental mindset. The desire to try and learn new things, and not be afraid to fail sometimes
Field Effect provides advanced, integrated cyber security threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights. Founded by the brightest talents in the cyber security industry, the Field Effect team not only brings decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments but has helped shape Canada’s Cyber Security Strategy and other national-level cyber security policies. The result is a company committed to creating stronger networks, improving proactive response, and increasing efficiency through an end-to-end approach that empowers businesses to achieve a resilient defence against modern cyber security threats. For more information about Field Effect, visit www.fieldeffect.com.