Field Effect is looking for a pre- and post-sales engineer for its world-class Cyber Range product.
Cyber Range is a powerful training and simulation platform that makes it fast and easy to design and run simulated network environments, complete with dynamic elements and events, advanced metrics and monitoring, as well as interactive controls that allow you to shape the environment in real-time.
The Cyber Range Sales Engineer will support sales staff by performing product demonstrations as well as responding to technical enquires when needed. They will also work with marketing to ensure technical accuracy and create product videos and other marketing collateral. Post sales, sales engineer will be responsible for creating a deployment strategy with each client. This may be on-site at the customer location or working internally with Field Effect engineers for our hosted or event-based offering. This position will engage with the Cyber Range product owner to relay any feedback that arises at all phases of the customer life cycle.
- Create product demonstration videos for sales and marketing.
- Support sales staff by performing product demonstrations to pre-qualified sales leads.
- Support pre-sales by responding to technical enquiries and build a knowledge base for future sales staff to use.
- Review quotes and proposals for technical accuracy.
- Work with sales staff and customers post-sale to create a repeatable deployment process.
- Create a customer training and onboarding program for the different roles within Cyber Range.
- Manage and carry-out the installation, configuration and handoff of Cyber Range to client organization.
- Act as 2nd level customer support for Cyber Range.
- Attend tradeshows to provide on-site technical support.
- Work with the Cyber Range Product Owner to discuss issues that arise in the field and how they can be resolved.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Experience creating training material for enterprise class software
- Knowledge of the cyber security domain and terms used by security professionals
- Ability to install, configure and trouble shoot enterprise class software in a Linux environment
- Experience using VMWare products (vCenter, ESXi) and virtual appliances
- Short-term project management experience
- Experience dealing with different departments of an organization (sales, marketing, procurement, IT, etc.)
- An attention to detail for reviewing technical accuracy