Senior Cyber Security Specialist, UK
Field Effect is looking for for a Senior Cyber Security Specialist for our UK team.
Why Field Effect?
Field Effect provides advanced, integrated cyber security threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights. Founded by the brightest talents in the cyber security industry, the Field Effect team not only brings decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments but has helped shape national-level cyber security policies. The result is a company committed to creating stronger networks, improving proactive response, and increasing efficiency through an end-to-end approach that empowers businesses to achieve a resilient defence against modern cyber security threats.
In this highly specialized role, as a senior professional you will work with global teams across Field Effect to innovate new approaches for detecting and tracking threats, adversaries, techniques, tools, and infrastructure in a rapidly evolving and cloud focused threat landscape. You will use your in-depth knowledge of threat research and data science to not only enhance product capability but, also hunt for real cyber threats.
As a Senior Cyber Security Specialist, you will be a subject matter expert on advanced cyber threats, network analysis tools and techniques and be able to comfortably dive into packet captures, scour logs of varying sorts and work with malware samples in a sandbox to identify their network communications.
- Provide expert advice, guidance, and leadership on the direction of the company’s products and services; the design and implementation of its software; as well as the company’s software development practices and methodologies – particularly as it relates to software and IT security.
- Mentor, coach and train junior and intermediate staff in matters relating to software and IT security.
- Drive long-term design strategies that span multiple complex projects, deliver technical reports.
- Develop engaging training and written material in support of the business objectives as well as the development of its staff, particularly as it relates to software and IT security.
- Perform in-depth software security analysis, hardware and software systems analysis, and security research in support of company projects and client deliverables.
- Develop software and tools in support of the company’s products and services.
- Interact and support to clients in relation to contracts or company products and services, including via phone, email, or other mechanisms (like ticketing systems) to help identify, diagnose, and resolve security, deployment, or operational issues.
- Document issues, workarounds, and related matter, and contributing to product documentation as appropriate.
- 5-10+ years of focused professional experience in either Incident Response, IT Security, malware analysis, offensive security or tracking cyber threats with a demonstrated ability to leverage intelligence on attacker methodology, tools, and infrastructure to improve security posture.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, or a College certificate in Network Administration.
- Deep understanding of modern cyber security practices, challenges, tools and techniques.
- Deep understanding of the modern internet and its most common protocols.
- Excellent network analysis, ranging from PCAP processing to application protocol analysis.
- Excellent data/log analysis using tools like Python, ELK, etc.
- Mastery in multiple machine learning/AI methodologies.
- Experience performing malware analysis or vulnerability research.
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum).
- Superb communication skills, with the ability to suggest new insights and present. findings/reports to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- A passion for IT, cyber security, learning, and knowledge sharing combined with an analytical and curious mind-set to carry out investigations and willingness to learn new skills and exchange skills with team members.