Senior IT Operations Engineer
Field Effect is looking for an experienced Senior IT Operations Engineer. As a member of our IT Ops Team you will work alongside a highly talented team that secures the networks and provision services for clients around the world.
As a senior member of the team you will work on applying industry best security practices on a large scale. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 8 years’ experience, along with a University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, or a College certificate in Network Administration or a related field.
You will have worked in a fast-paced IT environment and have experience independently solving complex technical challenges. You will be familiar with network analysis tools and techniques, and be able to comfortably dive into packet captures and scour logs of varying sorts to determine and rectify system failures. As a subject matter expert, you are comfortable with deploying tools at scale and keeping them running with monitoring, metrics, and upgrades. You possess excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to articulate complex security topics with very technical and non-technical recipients alike.
- Individually and as part of a team, design, build, manage and support cyber security infrastructure
- Provide system monitoring to ensure availability of critical infrastructure
- Provide in-depth expertise on network and computer security
- Identify team milestones and set achievable estimates to execute tasks
- Collaborate with other teams to make efficient use of resources and to streamline new product evaluation and integration
- Design and write automation tools to build robust IT management with reproducible results
Desired Skills and Traits
- 8+ years of System Networking & Linux Administration experience
- Deep understanding of modern security practices, challenges, tools
- Experienced with platform automation tools
- Experience with coding for automation (Python or another modern platform capable language)
- Deep understanding of virtualization and container technology, networking, and firewalls
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Desire to join an expanding organization and help mentor and grow the team as required
- Interest or experience in the cyber security domain an asset
- Experience with BSD system administration an asset
About Field Effect
Field Effect provides advanced, integrated cyber security threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights.
Founded by the brightest talents in the cyber security industry, the Field Effect team not only brings decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments but has helped shape Canada’s Cyber Security Strategy and other national-level cyber security policies. The result is a company committed to creating stronger networks, improving proactive response, and increasing efficiency through an end-to-end approach that empowers businesses to achieve a resilient defence against modern cyber security threats.
For more information about Field Effect, visit www.fieldeffect.com.
Field Effect was recently ranked among the top employers in Ottawa! Learn more here: