Senior Software Developer (Front End)
People rarely can say that they work at a job they truly love—unless, of course, they work at Field Effect. We believe in investing in the personal and professional success of our employees. We want our teammates to feel great about the work that they do and about themselves when they are with us. That is our culture.
We have an all-star team with industry-leading cyber security knowledge and analytical thinking that is engaged, motivated, genuinely curious, and has the willingness to be as diligent as possible. Field Effect is a rapidly growing company with an increasingly distributed global workforce that provides world-class managed cyber security solutions for businesses of all sizes. The company was founded by the brightest talents in cyber security, with a mission to remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks by delivering monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and provide actionable insights.
We’re proud to share that we’ve recently been named one of Ottawa’s top employers, and achieved an eNPS score of 84!
What You’ll Do
Field Effect is looking for a Senior Frontend Developer for our Cyber Range product line. This role involves transitioning our current product from a legacy UI framework (GWT) to a modern-day UI framework (React.js) as well as implement new features and functionality as the product roadmap requires. This position is for the Cyber Range team, however all products within Field Effect are undergoing this transition and therefore components must be developed for reuse across all products within the Field Effect suite. In this position, you will:
- Work with the Cyber Range Product Owner and UX team to establish a UI implementation plan, accounting for desired schedule and resourcing needs
- Work with other frontend developers to ensure consistent coding standards and efficient code design
- Work with backend developers to ensure efficient transfer of data and features are delivered on schedule
- Review technical knowledge of future front-end team applicants with other staff
- Establish and continually update front-end coding standards
- Implement front-end features in a timely manner with clean, maintainable code
- Give guidance to Quality Assurance teams when needed
- Raise concerns of technical debt to Product Owner as needed
- Attend all agile meetings
- Perform code reviews and mentor junior developers as needed
Skills & experience we look for:
- 8+ years as a developer (Front-end or Full stack)
- Eager to demonstrate your ability to seamlessly transition UI framework
- Experience as a senior developer and reviewing junior candidates
- Ability to determine realistic implementation plans, present to superiors and execute
- Highly motivated to meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm working in an Agile team
- Experience with React.JS and responsive design
- Experience consuming REST APIs
- Previous experience working in a start up/scale up or SaaS company
- Experience with backend technology and API design
- Full stack development experience is an asset
What You’ll Get By Joining Our Team
- Your brilliance will get a runway
- You will collaborate with the greatest minds in the field
- You will help shape the future of cybersecurity
- A workplace of opportunity
- Extensive Benefits such as Generous Paid Vacation
- We work from a hybrid environment but open to applicants residing in Canada that prefer remote work
If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume directly to [email protected] Please note that only the candidate(s) selected for the next phase of the hiring process will be contacted directly.
Field Effect is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
Field Effect has earned their outstanding reputation through innovation, ingenuity and drive to change the cyber security industry. As a result, they have been recognized with the Deloitte 2021 Technology Fast 50 and Technology Fast 500 awards . Their award-winning team is known for its knowledge and industry leadership. In addition, they have been named one of the top employers in Ottawa, by Invest Ottawa, for three years in a row. This team is committed to helping businesses simplify and improve their cyber security by empowering their employees to collaborate, grow and thrive in their fields.