Senior System Administrator
Make your mark on the future of cyber security and join a dynamic team lead by some of the greatest experts in the field. Recently ranked among the Top Employers in Ottawa!
Field Effect is looking for an experienced Senior System Administrator to work with our IT Infrastructure team to design, build, and manage our growing corporate, development and operational IT environments. Find engaging opportunities to work in a fast-paced environment leveraging VMware virtualized environments and Azure–based IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Microsoft ecosystem, and demonstrated results in managing a significant Windows Server and Desktop deployment.
Field Effect is a rapidly growing company with an increasingly distributed global workforce. In addition, we provide consulting services related to common IT deployment best practices and answer client questions related to security on a regular basis.
- Individually and as part of a team, design, build, manage and support corporate IT infrastructure.
- Provide system monitoring to ensure availability of critical IT infrastructure.
- Provide in-depth expertise on Windows Server and Azure configuration and automation
- Identify team milestones and set achievable estimates to execute plans.
- Collaborate with other teams to make efficient use of resources and to streamline new product evaluation and integration.
- Design and write automation scripts to build robust IT management with reproducible results.
Desired Skills and Traits
- 8+ years of System Administration experience.
- In-depth experience on Microsoft infrastructure (Windows Server, AD, Azure etc.).
- Significant experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with storage administration (SAN, NAS, etc.).
- Enterprise networking including VMWare, Windows Server, Azure and hybrid cloud.
- Enterprise networking with Cisco, Juniper, Dell, and equivalent.
- Experience with coding administration tasks (Python, shell scripting or similar).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Desire to join an expanding organization and help mentor and grow the team as required.
- Interest or experience in the cyber security domain an asset.
- Experience with Zero Trust Architectures an asset.
- Familiarity with Intune or other MDM products considered an asset.
- Experience with BSD system administration an asset.
The candidate(s) selected for the next phase of the hiring process will be contacted directly.