Senior Test Automation Engineer
People rarely can say that they work at a job they truly love—unless, of course, they work at Field Effect. Here, the top priority is helping every team member to achieve and harness that sentiment so that they never feel like clock-punchers. We believe in investing in the personal and professional success of our employees. We want our teammates to feel great about the work that they do and about themselves when they are with us. That is our culture.
We’re a workplace of opportunity, and we believe in developing potential in untapped talent so long as there is an energy and culture fit. The Field Effect employee is made up of three parts: one part awesome attitude, one part serious skill, and one part passion for all things cyber security! This culminates in an all-star team that is engaged, motivated, genuinely curious, with the drive to make anything possible. Make no mistake, Field Effect is paving the way when it comes to protecting small and mid-size enterprises (SMEs) from the grip of cyber security threats. We are like their personal cyber SWAT team, and we are fully motivated knowing that we are helping vulnerable businesses stay safe from a threat they’re unsure how to address.
We have fun crushing goals and making our clients’ lives easier. Make no mistake, Field Effect is paving the way when it comes to protecting companies from cyberattacks. We are like their personal cyber-SWAT team, and we are fully motivated knowing that we are helping vulnerable businesses stay safe from a threat they’re unsure how to address. We are born collaborators who bond over having fun while making a tangible impact on the world.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Test Automation Engineer with a proven track record, for its world-class Cyber Range platform. This position will work alongside developers to provide workflow automation testing and ensure the quality of each iteration of the platform. For this role, you must have great attention to detail with a programmer’s mind-set. Field Effect believes automation is the key to the success of the platform.
Our Cyber Range platform is used by organizations of all sizes and verticals across the globe to train and assess the next generation of cyber security professionals. We are looking for motivated individuals, keen to contribute to a growing organization. Individuals who are passionate about quality, performance, scale and above all, end-user experience will do well in this role. All aspects of the platform need to be automated as platform is undergoing a major transformation both in technology used and feature set.
What You’ll Do
- Attend all Agile/Scrum ceremonies and contribute ideas to the overall development of the platform
- Determine test plans for stories and workflows that are developed each sprint
- Create automation scripts to validate both new and legacy features of the platform
- Maintain test environments and assets
- Mentor junior team members and fellow teammates to write tests at the time of development
- Provide build reports and updates on release status to stakeholders
- Support both frontend and backend teams
Desired Skills and Traits
- 10+ years’ experience and/or a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience writing automation scripts for the purpose of completing repetitive tasks
- Experience with UI automation and testing of web applications, and frameworks (bonus if Webdriver IO)
- Experience writing automated tests for REST APIs
- Comfortable working in a Windows development environment (We use all Microsoft products)
- Experience working with Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and best practices (bonus if this includes Gitlab, Nexus, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of networking and networking protocols an asset
- Experience using Gitlab/Git for source control and code reviews
- Knowledge and understanding of virtualization and experience working with Virtual Machines and VCenter/VSphere
- Be self-driven/self-motivating. Comfortable working both alone and with development teams
- Familiarity with Penetration Testing a bonus!
Field Effect has earned their outstanding reputation through innovation, ingenuity and drive to change the cyber security industry. As a result, they have been recognized with the Deloitte 2021 Technology Fast 50 and Technology Fast 500 awards . Their award-winning team is known for its knowledge and industry leadership. In addition, they have been named one of the top employers in Ottawa by Invest Ottawa for three years in a row. This team is committed to helping businesses simplify and improve their cyber security by empowering their employees to collaborate, grow and thrive in their fields.
Field Effect is an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know