Field Effect is looking for intermediate to senior Software Developers to accelerate the development of our Cyber Range product, a cyber security training tool that is used around the globe.
We are looking for driven individuals who take ownership in solving complex challenges both independently and with their teammates. Field Effect encourages new ideas, and as a company seeks to remove barriers to creativity and productivity.
Ideally, candidates will have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. However, candidates with adequate experience will be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
- Implement features by writing clean and maintainable code including automated tests.
- Review feature requirements for technical completeness.
- Determine correct course of implementation and create tasks accordingly.
- Troubleshoot and debug existing code when needed.
- Host technical sessions with fellow developers, including architecture decision meetings and code reviews.
- Actively participate in all agile/sprint meetings.
- Mentor junior level developers where appropriate.
- 5+ Years of programming experience, preferably Java.
- Experience creating web applications and RESTful API design
- Experience working in an agile team.
- An understanding of networking and communication protocols.
- Experience with test automation.
- Database design
- Experience and interest in the IT Security domain.
- Understanding or experience with the following technologies:
- The following programming languages: Java, Python, C
- Virtualization and container technologies (ex. VMware, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Spring Framework
- Hibernate and HQL
- Maven, Ant, Ivy
- Junit, Mockit, JMockit
- MySQL, JDBC or JPA’s Driver
- Postman or equivalent
- Linux operating system, including minor shell scripting
- Git, GitLab
Field Effect provides advanced, integrated cyber security threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights. Founded by the brightest talents in the cyber security industry, the Field Effect team not only brings decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments but has helped shape Canada’s Cyber Security Strategy and other national-level cyber security policies. The result is a company committed to creating stronger networks, improving proactive response, and increasing efficiency through an end-to-end approach that empowers businesses to achieve a resilient defense against modern cyber security threats. For more information about Field Effect, visit www.fieldeffect.com.
The candidate(s) selected for the next phase of the hiring process will be contacted directly. Field Effect is an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process please let us know