Software Test Automation Developer
Field Effect Software is looking for a Software Test Automation Developer for our Products Development Team. We are looking for a motivated individual who is keen to contribute to a growing organization. We follow an agile methodology and value individuals who write clean and maintainable code. At Field Effect, with a software modeling, testing and automation product as part of our business, we take quality to heart. With your passion for quality you will help set the standard for others to follow.
As a junior to intermediate team member, you will play an important role in our company’s future and be asked to make significant contributions to the direction of product testing. You will have the opportunity to be mentored by more senior developers while at the same time having a voice in how your skills and abilities grow. We are always looking for new ways to improve our quality and test automation processes where possible.
Ideally candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience and a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. However, candidates with adequate experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
Eligibility for Secret clearance is a great benefit to this position; candidates should have (near to) 10 years residency in Canada.
Field Effect is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Experience scripting in Python
- Experience writing test automation scripts and frameworks
- Windows & Linux operating systems
- A basic understanding of networks and networking protocols
- VMWare (or familiarity with other virtualization technologies)
Nice to Have Skills
- REST API / SDK
- Experience scripting in Unix Shell
- Java Script
- Agile / Scrum methodology
- Experience in the IT Security domain
- Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo)