Software Test Automation Engineer
Field Effect is looking for a intermediate test automation engineer to join our portal development team. This position will work alongside developers to provide workflow automation testing and ensure the quality of each release of the portal. For this role, you must have great attention to detail with a programmer’s mind-set. We believe automation is key to the success of the portal.
Our portal is the primary method our clients and partners interact with our world–leading Covalence Threat Monitoring service. Through the portal, partners can view reports on their clients and gain insight to which clients require attention. All clients can view outstanding AROs — Actions, Recommendations, and Observations, Field Effects’ contextualized alerting — for insight into their threat surface and to enable integrations with other cloud technologies. The Field Effect portal has a large vision and needs more talented people to help achieve that goal. Are you up for the challenge?
- Attend all Agile/Scrum ceremonies and contribute ideas to the overall development of the platform.
- Determine test plans for stories and workflows that are developed each iteration.
- Create automation scripts to validate both new and legacy features of the portal.
- Maintain test environments and assets.
- Mentor junior team members and fellow teammates to write tests at the time of development where possible.
- Provide build reports and release status update to stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Traits
- 2-4 years’ experience and/or a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with UI automation for responsive web applications.
- Experience writing automated tests for REST APIs.
- Experience writing python scripts for the purpose of automating repetitive tasks is an asset.
- Experience using Selenium for automating UI interactivity is an asset.
Field Effect provides advanced, integrated cyber security threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights. Founded by the brightest talents in the cyber security industry, the Field Effect team not only brings decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments but has helped shape Canada’s Cyber Security Strategy and other national-level cyber security policies. The result is a company committed to creating stronger networks, improving proactive response, and increasing efficiency through an end-to-end approach that empowers businesses to achieve a resilient defence against modern cyber security threats. For more information about Field Effect, visit www.fieldeffect.com.
Field Effect is an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.