A key member of the design team, the Senior UX Designer is responsible for various aspects of UX, visual and product design for 1 or more Field Effect digital products. The individual will act as a champion of the users by being their advocate while product decisions are made and apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into world-class experiences. The Senior UX Designer will stay current with new technologies, frameworks, and trends and then advise the organization and pursue the latest opportunities that will improve the UX.
- Lead design activities for a product area including evaluating road map, epic and user stories to define what design activities are needed including wire framing, user testing, prototyping, visual design of public facing assets.
- Lead design including collaboration with product managers, designers and Front End Developers to refine the user experience and create new features that meet client, business and end user goals.
- Work hand in hand with engineering to communicate design specifications and provide oversight during implementation and release activities.
- Understand product end to end, understanding product life cycle, participating in all product planning and ceremonies.
- Present design deliverables to team members, constituents, and stake holders; back up and defend design rationale.
- Stay abreast of any industry-wide changes in design philosophy and any new tools and technologies.
- Recommend and/or oversee various user testing techniques
- Help identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing approaches to design and design’s place within the engineering process.
- 5+ years experience as a member of a user experience team participating in the complete product development life cycle of several successfully launched web and mobile products.
- Experience working as part of a design team as both a UI/UX Architect and Visual Designer
- Fluent in prototyping software such as Sketch, Axure RP, Adobe XD and Adobe Suite etc.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practices and concepts
Field Effect provides advanced, integrated cyber security threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights. Founded by the brightest talents in the cyber security industry, the Field Effect team not only brings decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments but has helped shape Canada’s Cyber Security Strategy and other national-level cyber security policies. The result is a company committed to creating stronger networks, improving proactive response, and increasing efficiency through an end-to-end approach that empowers businesses to achieve a resilient defence against modern cyber security threats. For more information about Field Effect, visit www.fieldeffect.com.
- UX Design: 8 years (Required)