Web Content Writer, B2B Cyber Security
We’re looking for a Web Content Writer with B2B and Cyber Security experience to join Field Effect’s Marketing team. The Web Content Writer will own all aspects of the web content process for our core website and associated portals, taking a hands-on role in defining the content strategy, creating, editing, and managing web content for both direct and channel audiences. The role will be located onsite at our Ottawa headquarters — but we will also consider talented “remote” candidates outside Canada.
About the Role
Our fast-growing team is on a mission to help small and mid-size enterprises (SMEs) understand the modern cyber security threats targeting their operations and take action to build a stronger security defence.
As a Field Effect Web Content Writer, you’ll own all aspects of our web content strategy and creation and play a key role in creating clear and compelling web content that communicates our value proposition and connects customers and channel partners to the path of purchase. You will define and drive web content strategies that support all stages of the buyer’s journey. You will also play a critical role in creating content for all launch phases of our new website and partner portal.
What You’ll Do
- Develop content for our new website and partner portal, producing compelling, sales-minded copy that meets the desired guidelines and delivery phases.
- Produce, edit, and manage ongoing web content that aligns with our marketing communications and sales enablement goals and strategies.
- Collaborate with our demand generation, product, creative, corporate marketing team members, and stakeholders to create web content that supports our product launches, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Translate complex technology and product information into clear product value for our customers and channel partners.
- Work alongside a growing team of demand generation-focused writers and designers, contributing value as we contribute to sales leads while also building a platform for the Field Effect brand and voice.
- You’re a web copy pro who is great at articulating a company’s value proposition, creating compelling product value, ensuring SEO content optimization, understanding buyer’s journeys, and creating clear calls to action.
- You bring solid expertise writing B2B web content for cyber security products and services targeted to small and mid-size businesses and channel partners.
- You understand the stages of the buyer’s journey, have experience working with sales-minded integrated teams, and can produce compelling web content that contributes to lead generation.
- You have experience with every phase of website redesign.
- You’re familiar with the pain points and content needs of the IT channel, and bring experience managing content for partner portals.
- You’re a quick study and strategic thinker — you see the big picture and respond quickly with web content strategies to support product launches, campaigns, and initiatives.
- You’re a professional. You understand deadlines and project management. You follow best practices and are skilled at providing — and receiving — constructive feedback.
- You have an online portfolio of work that showcases smart B2B cyber security web content that aligns to specific brand, messaging frameworks, and objectives.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment by learning from others, sticking to timelines, and shifting gears when things change.
Seniority of your role will be determined based on your web content and cyber security experience level working in an agency or in-house as a Web Content Writer.
Please include a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and why you are interested in working at Field Effect.