Senior Software Developer (Backend)
People rarely can say that they work at a job they truly love—unless, of course, they work at Field Effect. We believe in investing in the personal and professional success of our employees. We want our teammates to feel great about the work that they do and about themselves when they are with us. That is our culture.
We have an all-star team with industry-leading cyber security knowledge and analytical thinking that is engaged, motivated, genuinely curious, and has the willingness to be as diligent as possible. Field Effect is a rapidly growing company with an increasingly distributed global workforce that provides world-class managed cyber security solutions for businesses of all sizes. The company was founded by the brightest talents in cyber security, with a mission to remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks by delivering monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and provide actionable insights.
We’re proud to share that we’ve recently been named one of Ottawa’s top employers, and achieved an eNPS score of 84!
What You’ll Do
We are currently searching for a Senior Backend Developer to join our Covalence Portal team. Our portal is the primary method our clients and partners interact with our world–leading Covalence Threat Monitoring service. Through the portal, partners and clients can view reports and gain insights into the performance of the service. All clients can view outstanding AROs — Actions, Recommendations, and Observations, Field Effects’ contextualized alerting — for insight into their threat surface and to enable integrations with other cloud technologies. The Field Effect portal has a large vision and needs more talented people to help achieve that goal.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, as a Senior Developer on this team you will:
- Work with stakeholders, product owners, and teammates to develop new features and capabilities
- Work in an Agile team; collaborate and contribute ideas during requirements and design creation
- Write clean code to implement the desired features along with the appropriate level of test automation
- Work with UX, UI, QA, and documentation team members
- Raise concerns of technical debt to the Product Owner as needed
- Perform design and code reviews of peers
- Onboard and mentor junior team members
- Demonstrate new functionality to stake holders and the entire company when required
Experience & skills we look for:
- Fluency in multiple programming languages including C/C++, Java and Python as well as familiarity with multiple processor architectures
- Experience in network analysis and packet capture using tools like Wireshark, Tshark
- Software reverse engineering and vulnerability research skills
- A broad general IT knowledge, including enterprise networks, operating systems, virtualized and cloud-based infrastructure
- Knowledge of cyber security practices, challenges, tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of cellular technologies, especially LTE, and telecom service provider networks
- SaaS / software industry experience
- Experience working in a start up or scale up
What You’ll Get By Joining Our Team
- Your brilliance will get a runway
- You will collaborate with the greatest minds in the field
- You will help shape the future of cybersecurity
- A workplace of opportunity
- Extensive Benefits such as Generous Paid Vacation
If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you! Please note that only the candidate(s) selected for the next phase of the hiring process will be contacted directly.
Field Effect is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
Field Effect has earned their outstanding reputation through innovation, ingenuity and drive to change the cyber security industry. As a result, they have been recognized with the Deloitte 2021 Technology Fast 50 and Technology Fast 500 awards . Their award-winning team is known for its knowledge and industry leadership. In addition, they have been named one of the top employers in Ottawa, by Invest Ottawa, for three years in a row. This team is committed to helping businesses simplify and improve their cyber security by empowering their employees to collaborate, grow and thrive in their fields.